Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Hitting the Links Tomorrow... Suggestions?
Chingas 08:43 PM 07-01-2010
As my new family, I'm inclined to ask my brothers for some recommendations while on the course tomorrow. If by chance it's in my humi, I'll bring it along with me.

Thanks.
[Reply]
Mugen910 08:50 PM 07-01-2010
Anything you'll enjoy brother...the larger the better is it saves you the trouble of finding another stick to light.
[Reply]
Chingas 08:52 PM 07-01-2010
Smart. I like it.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 08:53 PM 07-01-2010
Nothing fancy, something consistent that stays lit for an extra long time between shots. I think AVO are the best for the course, not to heavy and very consistent burn. I also prefer toro or larger, usually smoke one per 9 and one after. :-)

If you don't have one already, get yourself a Cigar Minder Clip. Keeps you from losing your cigar if you drive away while you have it set somewhere in the cart. :-)
[Reply]
Chingas 09:02 PM 07-01-2010
I should get one for my friends. When I'm golfing, it's either in my hand or in my mouth. I don't let go of the bastards.
[Reply]
massphatness 09:28 PM 07-01-2010
My golf 'gar used to be a Tat Cojuno

Now, I tend to grab anything churchill or DC-sized but on the inexpensive side in case I lose the stick while hunting for my ball in the tall grass.
[Reply]
awsmith4 09:35 PM 07-01-2010
Originally Posted by chippewastud79:
Nothing fancy, something consistent that stays lit for an extra long time between shots. I think AVO are the best for the course, not to heavy and very consistent burn. I also prefer toro or larger, usually smoke one per 9 and one after. :-)

If you don't have one already, get yourself a Cigar Minder Clip. Keeps you from losing your cigar if you drive away while you have it set somewhere in the cart. :-)
My brother gave me one of those clips for Christmas and it is great on the course and I use it when I work around the outside of my house

On the course I usually choose a long milder cigar or whatever I have enough to bring to share with who I'm playing with.
[Reply]
timj219 08:24 AM 07-02-2010
I always enjoy the cigar more if I keep score by how many balls I lose instead of counting strokes.
[Reply]
jitzy 08:44 AM 07-02-2010
best advise is keep your head down and eye on the ball........................as far as cigars I actually love the Hemingway masterpiece's they last for most of the round. The maduro ones are best if you could find them.
[Reply]
Eleven 09:14 AM 07-02-2010
I always go for the milder cigars when choosing what to take on the course. And usually something I have smoked before, so I know what to expect.
[Reply]
jitzy 10:21 AM 07-02-2010
Another stick I like to take are any of the La Gloria limitado's they also last a good long time
[Reply]
Chingas 02:15 AM 07-03-2010
Never had the Masterpiece. I hear good things. I'll have to look it up. Thanks for all the responses.
[Reply]
longknocker 04:04 AM 07-03-2010
Originally Posted by Eleven:
I always go for the milder cigars when choosing what to take on the course. And usually something I have smoked before, so I know what to expect.
Milder Is Better. You Want To Relax, Not Have A Huge Nicotine Buzz In The Middle Of Your Round! Have Fun!:-):-)
[Reply]
Kreth 09:46 AM 07-03-2010
Originally Posted by longknocker:
Milder Is Better. You Want To Relax, Not Have A Huge Nicotine Buzz In The Middle Of Your Round! Have Fun!:-):-)
I don't have any problems smoking stronger sticks on the course. But, I usually eat beforehand, and drink plenty of water (I probably drink about a half-gallon of water on hotter days). I do tend to smoke cheaper or bundle smokes on the course. I dislike the idea of part of one of my better smokes going to waste when I'm three-putting.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Up