Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>What birthday cigar should I smoke?
Partagaspete 06:10 AM 11-22-2010
Originally Posted by cmitch:
How about a My Father limited edition thats packed in that neat little slide top box with a lighting strip. Okay, so I'm a sucker for nifty packaged sticks.
No you are just showing off! I do like the line though I still feel the torp tastes very,very similar to a SCdH of the same format. Yummy.
[Reply]
cmitch 08:50 AM 11-27-2010
Originally Posted by Garbandz:
I cannot imagine smoking the 2010 LTD My Father yet. It is too young,I would hold it for at least a year. I am just now getting to my Le Bijou sticks from the first release about a year ago...........they are remarkable.
Can't beat a Padron Anni,it seems to be the only brand that gets nothing but positive comments........
The My Father has gotten nothing less than great reviews around here. Hold on to it if you like but my impression it is an excellent smoke ready stick.
[Reply]
cmitch 08:51 AM 11-27-2010
Originally Posted by Partagaspete:
No you are just showing off! I do like the line though I still feel the torp tastes very,very similar to a SCdH of the same format. Yummy.
I'm still waiting on mine from a bet payoff on the Auburn-Ole Miss game. Several guys at the shop have enjoyed this stick and have commented how impressed they were with the flavor.
[Reply]
auburnfan1980 03:23 PM 11-27-2010
Originally Posted by Garbandz:
I cannot imagine smoking the 2010 LTD My Father yet. It is too young,I would hold it for at least a year. I am just now getting to my Le Bijou sticks from the first release about a year ago...........they are remarkable.
Can't beat a Padron Anni,it seems to be the only brand that gets nothing but positive comments........
Imagine it, Tom. I went to a My Father event over a year ago and Jose gave me two unbanded sticks being rolled that day....turns out it was the LTD My Father that would be released. Smoked one that day and it was nice....waited 6 months to fire up the other one, and it was nicer. However, I smoked one Thanksgiving Day that I had just purchased from my local shop and it was ahhhhmazing- even better than the first two.

I sometimes think that yes, many cigars are put into production before they're mature enough to get the full, complex nature that was sought, but with others....there's a reason they put em in boxes and get em ready to sell- well, because they're ready. I've seen cigars bloom a month after they hit the shelves, so the wisdom some have behind aging every stick they buy before smoking it isn't always true IMHO :-)
[Reply]
Knip23 03:34 PM 11-27-2010
I agree but instead of just 1 EXPENSIVE Stick you can do a couple of your favorite sticks. like i did. For my birthday i had a Taboo Twist ( love the barber poles) a Padron 2000 Maddy. A Nub Habanno, Oliva G, and an Egg ( will never do that again.) Its all on what you want brother.

Knip.
[Reply]
jonan 04:16 PM 11-27-2010
Originally Posted by flybum62:
Heck yes, go for the Padron Anniv. Also a good smoke is the Partagas 160 line.
i LOVE these...
[Reply]
ylo2na 06:14 AM 11-28-2010
First and foremost, smoke the cigar that you already know, regardless of price. There is nothing like a go-to smoke that surpasses all others when you want that reliable smoking experience, especially on your special day. Then, buy some more of your favorite "go-to" smokes.
Ylo2na
PS... yes, the Padron Anniversario's are always outstanding, though!
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up