Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Gurkha Empire III review
INT 05:00 PM 09-22-2011
Did a search and didn't see one reviewed. So I thought I'd share my thoughts

Upon sight, the III looks really good. It's got a chocolate bar looking Costa Rican Maduro wrapper. Pre-light aroma was of dark chocolate and expresso, just like the reviews had stated. If it tastes how it looks and smells, it should be a treat. THe fillers are Dominican and Honduran long-fill.

Upon lighting it, there's a little spice that dies off about a 1/4 inch in. The draw isn't tough, but not easy either. There's some resistance, but not much. The flavors consisted of a earthy tobacco, almost charcoal-like base tone, with dark chocolate and expresso notes layered on top. The aroma after lighting was the same as pre: A consistant dark chocolate/expresso smell. Very aromatic. My dog even liked it as he poked his head in the air every now and then to sniff. Towards the end the spice comes back a bit. This piece is medium through and through. It's solid all around.

To round it out, these go for $4 a piece. For that price, these are worth having a few in the humi IMO. Well done Gurhka. I will be sampling the Empire II with my next big purchase.
[Reply]
gbum 09:30 PM 09-22-2011
nice review,thanks for sharing
[Reply]
DaBear 10:57 PM 09-22-2011
Haven't tried the IIIs, but I enjoy the VIs a good bit
[Reply]
irratebass 01:10 PM 09-26-2011
Great review INT, and the price is right.
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 01:21 PM 09-26-2011
Hmm.. I haven't had a good Gurkha yet, maybe they need a 7th chance?
[Reply]
Adriftpanda 04:57 PM 09-26-2011
I have some Gurkhas in the troop cooler, I almost lit one up the other night. No joke.
[Reply]
Up