Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Reserva Miraflor Toro
MajorCaptSilly 08:01 PM 08-12-2009
Got these through Andy Madera. Had no preconceived notions about these and haven't read any reviews.

Construction: Felt like it was well-rolled. Not the prettiest cigar in the world with some color variations on the wrapper and several large veins.

The Smoke: This is what I call a "high octane" cigar. Big flavor, lots of smoke, and lots of nicotine. This was a fairly one-dimensional smoke for me but the one dimension was very good. Flavors that prevailed during the smoke were bitter chocolate, just a bit of floral undertones, and campfire like woodsy flavor. I like all these so we're batting 1,000. The only changes from the beginning to end of this smoke were the bitter chocolate flavor going to the background and the woodsy flavor coming more forward at the latter half.

One of the most interesting aspects of this cigar is that I can't remember any cigar I've had that I can compare to this. It's truly a unique and original creation.

I'd give it an 8.5/10

MCS
[Reply]
Darrell 08:03 PM 08-12-2009
These don't suck at all. I was really impressed with them and while I agree it's one dimensional it is a damn tasty smoke.
[Reply]
Kreth 08:05 PM 08-12-2009
Thanks for the review. I had one of these in the smaller "Chico" vitola and enjoyed it.
[Reply]
MedicCook 08:08 PM 08-12-2009
Thanks for the review.
[Reply]
dubnick 08:10 PM 08-12-2009
Thanks for the review... Can't wait to try one
[Reply]
TripleF 08:24 PM 08-12-2009
Great review on a great stick Scott :-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 08:44 PM 08-12-2009
Originally Posted by TripleF:
Great review on a great stick Scott :-)
:-) I'm with Scott...I LOVE these!! Perfect amount of kick for me!! Rock on Andy!!
[Reply]
Up