Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Nording (by RP) Toro
bigloo 11:37 PM 08-06-2009
Quick summary, not a great smoke.

The cigar is attractive with a very smooth smooth oily wrapper. It is well constructed and cut easily with no splitting or unraveling. The cigar started off well. It has a nice nutty taste with a good bit of pepper. The first inch of the cigar was really good, not spectacular, but at $5 a stick above average. The problem started soon after this. The cigar started taking on a bitterness that would just not go away. I changed to water from tea, slowed the smoking down and could not improve the results. I left it with about 3.5 inches left (6.5 inch Toro).

I would not buy this again. However, based on the first inch I would smoke another if given one. I would rate this a medium body cigar and is medium to full in flavor.
[Reply]
Starscream 11:59 PM 08-06-2009
I didn't know that Nording was a Rocky Patel product.
[Reply]
bigloo 12:07 AM 08-07-2009
http://rockypatel.com/html/nording.html
[Reply]
Starscream 12:22 AM 08-07-2009
Originally Posted by bigloo:
http://rockypatel.com/html/nording.html
Did RP buy the blend or have they always been an RP product?
[Reply]
bigloo 11:19 AM 08-07-2009
Not sure, maybe one of the RP guys here can comment. I know Nording still makes pipe stuff.. I think this was a joint effort form the start.
[Reply]
Giant & 49er Fan 11:42 AM 08-07-2009
Originally Posted by andysutherland:
Did RP buy the blend or have they always been an RP product?
This is an RP blend created by Rocky and Erik Nording. Great review btw.
[Reply]
RGD. 01:33 PM 08-07-2009
Originally Posted by RPguy:
This is an RP blend created by Rocky and Erik Nording. Great review btw.

Yep - a joint effort on it.

As for the OP's comments - damn. My experience has been just the total opposite. My last review on these is stuck on some damn pay site out there - but I have never had one like you describe. Of course just like any brand of smoke - it's always possible to get a bad one.

Ron
[Reply]
Up