Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Guillen Cigars Unnamed Torpedo
stearns 09:43 PM 08-05-2009
heres the deal

i bought some boxes from andy a month ago, along with it he tossed a bunch of sticks in, this one included. i told him i'd write a review once i smoke it, so here i am. i present - the unnamed stick cough reserva stearns :-)

this had a nice look to it, some discernible wrapper flaws and water spots, but nothing terrible. it was well constructed and a little toothy. i cut it and it had some resistance, but nothing seemingly too bad.

as i lit it, the draw was way too tight, instantly solved by clipping the torp head a little farther down. the first third was very enjoyable, creamy flavors with plenty of smoke, almost a milky chocolate, a bit hard to explain, but smooth and pleasant. it did get a tough pull again, but i used a draw tool and it fixed it

the second and final thirds were very similar to the beginning, a bit more mild, but still tasty. getting towards the end i had to fix the burn a few times. the ash was strong and a light gray, throughout.

overall, i would have like a little more complexity, but i really enjoyed it, and am very glad he sent me two :-)

sorry about the crappy pic job, dont have my camera so i just took phone pictures.

thanks for reading, happy smoking

stearns
[Reply]
Up