Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 9 of 9
« First < 789
Island (The other ones) Reviews>blind 10 spot review(s)
EEE 07:03 PM 08-11-2009
Originally Posted by kenstogie:
Yup that the way to do it. Mix em up.. .put some great inexpensive smokes and some great semi-expensive ones in there. Alway fun to watch people's reviews.
and even some top shelf ones ........ see if guys, not knowing what it is, think it's junk. lol
[Reply]
lou2row 07:32 PM 08-11-2009
Originally Posted by EEE:
and even some top shelf ones ........ see if guys, not knowing what it is, think it's junk. lol

I about threw an anejo in the mix to see if you guys could tell, but I take it too personal on expensive cigars when guys dog em out. When guys busted my balls after smoking San Cristobals and Coranados bLF the last time I wasn't real receptive to their opinions any more.
Plus I found ten that I thought (we will see?) would be fun for reviews pretty easily.
[Reply]
Starscream 10:03 PM 08-11-2009
Originally Posted by lou2row:
I about threw an anejo in the mix to see if you guys could tell, but I take it too personal on expensive cigars when guys dog em out. When guys busted my balls after smoking San Cristobals and Coranados bLF the last time I wasn't real receptive to their opinions any more.
Plus I found ten that I thought (we will see?) would be fun for reviews pretty easily.
I started out smoking almost exclusively Fuente. But my tastes have changed. I've never smoked an Opus or Anejo, but the last good Fuente I smoked (Sungrown Cuban Belicoso) was horrible, so I wouldn't want to think my reviews suck b/c of one stick.

I see your point. I would be a little upset if I was called out on what I thought was a great premium cigar, and the person I sent it to said it sucked.
[Reply]
kenstogie 07:14 AM 08-12-2009
Taste is in the "eye" of the beholder. It's funny but some less expensive stick I enjoy just as much as the top shelf stuff. Tthat's why I think it's great to mix em up... so people can see what they really like not what there supposed to like.
[Reply]
lou2row 07:12 PM 08-12-2009
Well, I think a couple of guys were trying to be entertaining critics instead of just reviewing the cigars.
[Reply]
Starscream 09:15 PM 08-12-2009
Originally Posted by lou2row:
Well, I think a couple of guys were trying to be entertaining critics instead of just reviewing the cigars.
"Not I," said the goat. I try to be as fair as possible. I don't try to impress anyone with my reviews; I just like to share my experiences of good cigars (and some bad ones too).
[Reply]
lou2row 03:52 PM 08-14-2009
No, this was from a time before. You guys did a great job; that's why I thought it would be fun to continue this. If more people follow it and want to play along next month, you may actually get to smoke a cigar with a band on it before the snow flies!
[Reply]
Page 9 of 9
« First < 789
Up