Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>New Manufacturer Kicker?
kelmac07 07:49 PM 08-09-2013
Recently, I've found myself trying and enjoying a ton of RoMa Craft and La Palina stuff (A LOT of their stuff). The RoMa Craft stuff has wonderful flavors that I haven't found in any other cigars. As for the La Palina stuff...I can remember a few years ago when I wouldn't touch their stuff. I just wouldn't bring myself to paying $18-$20 for a single stick. Now that I've sampled their goods...I'm hooked. :-) :-) :-)

Have you been smoking a lot of a specific manufacturers sticks lately? If so, what manufacturer and why?
[Reply]
688sonarmen 08:10 PM 08-09-2013
Touched on RoMa Craft a year ago and just liked them in the Cromagnon format. Went on leave to Ky found some in the Aquitaine and Intemperance format and I'm hooked. It's the flavors, meaty spicy sometimes herb like, they are just different no fuss and consistent. They are not a blow your flipping mind and not a flashy brand, what you see is what you get.

The opposite of RoMa (IMHO flavor wise) is Curivari, these are very complex nuanced flavors. Sweet, creamy, floral, very "CC like" and I can't get enough of them.

I have found Viaje recently after intentionally blowing them off for years and outside of a few blends (Late harvest, SS, and well yup) I'm taking another look at Tatuaje for the construction and consistency that the regular lines bring.
[Reply]
maninblack 08:23 PM 08-09-2013
Definitely Romacraft cigars. Love the flavor profiles on all the lines. Skip Martin is a normal down to earth guy. I'd love to share a beer with him and discuss the industry.
[Reply]
MUNKY 11:37 PM 08-09-2013
Roma craft as well, going through their lineup right now and I really enjoy the simplicity of their advertising. No band, no fancy color or impressive design, just grab a stick and light up and you be the judge. The flavors are like nothing I have tasted in other brands, complex but yet simple and flavorful, leaving me with wanting to grab another. In judging the brand in comparison to food, this reminds me of meatloaf. Anyone can make it but this brand straight up is better than your moms lol.

• would also love a chance to sit down with Skip and share a smoke. Cromagnon is a winner in my book and ill be hoarding these things as much as I can. These will be a great smoke for many years to come imho.
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 08:10 AM 08-10-2013
I've been on an AJ Fernandez kick lately - Man o' Wars, Diesels, 5 Vegas AAAs, est. 1844s, and LHC COREs.
[Reply]
irratebass 08:43 AM 08-10-2013
RomaCraft, Viaje (not new, but really digging a lot of them as of late), Ortega (Live Eddie!) La Palina & Eric Espinosa.

Originally Posted by :
I've been on an AJ Fernandez kick lately - Man o' Wars, Diesels, 5 Vegas AAAs, est. 1844s, and LHC COREs.
James check out this thread for more AJ goodies

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=23776
[Reply]
DaBear 08:47 AM 08-10-2013
I try to keep a good mix of stuff, but for awhile after we got the RoMa Crafts in at work I was smoking almost exclusively their sticks(still waiting on the Intemperance BA Envys, those are the best of their sticks to me). I did the same thing with Curivari when we got them in last summer. It just kinda comes and goes. I have a bad habit of smoking new(to me) good sticks to death within a month or so. La Palina's can be good from my experience, but we only carry the Classics at work which are just, meh.
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 12:55 PM 08-10-2013
Originally Posted by irratebass:

James check out this thread for more AJ goodies

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=23776
Thanks!
[Reply]
363 01:49 PM 08-10-2013
Mac if you can get the Mr. Sam its amazing
[Reply]
kelmac07 02:39 PM 08-10-2013
Originally Posted by 363:
Mac if you can get the Mr. Sam its amazing
Thanks Brandon...have only heard great things about these. Grabbed a box. :-) :-)

See...only re-emphasizes my point...more La Palinas.
[Reply]
Sweet_Leaf_PDX 12:16 AM 08-16-2013
I've really been digging Espinosa Cigars and LFD's lately. I'm having a great time exploring both of these companies offerings. I really want to get my hands on a box of the LFD Chapter 1 when they are available. Also want to try the 601 La Bomba Warhead. Too many good sounding new smokes coming out :-)
[Reply]
Up