Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Bad local experience.
MrOneEyedBoh 03:52 PM 12-28-2009
I dont have really any B&Ms near me, but the ones that I do are ran by foreigners. Nothing against that, but from the looks of the ones near me they are not kept up as they should be. Every time I go in there I see cigars with mold on them. Some are over consumed in mold and its crazy.

My girlfriend bought me some ( not knowing ) from this certain one and she also bought me a leather cigar holder. I opened it up and the two or three cigars were all moldy like straight fuzz. I was like uhh how come you bought it like that? She said that she just asked the lady to grab three for her, as she didnt know this from that. So she took them back the next day. I told her dont trade them out or whatever and just let her know its crazy that she would sell them in this condition. The owner wouldn't refund her, and gave her a hard time about her taking them back. She also said it was again state law to take cigars back or something else. I guess that makes sense, but your cigars that your selling are covered in mold.

Isn't that against some kind of like sanitary law or something? Cant that cause serious respiratory problems if a cigar is smoked that has mold? Obviously not with true apparent signs of mold being in/on the cigar?
[Reply]
pmwz 04:03 PM 12-28-2009
if your local b+m treats you bad take your business online. i also think that you should warn the rest of us if the customer service is really bad + that the sticks are in really bad condition. it doesnt seem like a one time thing put them name out
[Reply]
Starscream 04:25 PM 12-28-2009
Is that place a true B&M or is it a tobacco outlet?
[Reply]
floydpink 04:27 PM 12-28-2009
I had a cigar lounge open about a year ago not too far from my house and went by to check it out and found the cigar selection to be minimal and the place filled with Arabic customers smoking hookahs outside.

Wasn't really my scene and I pulled out and headed to my old favorite; Corona.
[Reply]
MrOneEyedBoh 04:36 PM 12-28-2009
Outlet.. but that is all I have within an hour from me. I know I dont go there but she did. I order from famous and CI usually. but selling them with mold?
[Reply]
Starscream 04:41 PM 12-28-2009
Originally Posted by MrOneEyedBoh:
Outlet.. but that is all I have within an hour from me. I know I dont go there but she did. I order from famous and CI usually. but selling them with mold?
I have a similar situation as you. No true B&M around. I stick with online purchases.:-)
[Reply]
Mark C 04:43 PM 12-28-2009
There's no reason to settle for crappy service, take your money elsewhere! There's a few good B&Ms scattered throughout MD, especially in the Baltimore area, depends where you live and how far you're willing to drive. Post a town or shoot me a PM and the rest of us MD'ers ought to be able to steer you in the right direction.
[Reply]
MrOneEyedBoh 05:11 PM 12-28-2009
PM coming. thanks.
[Reply]
JJG 05:17 PM 12-28-2009
There's a chain of family owned convenience stores in my neighborhood that is so proud of their cigar selection, they actually advertise it on their signs "Hollywood food and cigars" Each store has a small walk-in humidor with a decent selection of smokes, all moldy :-)
[Reply]
weak_link 05:25 PM 12-28-2009
Originally Posted by JJG:
There's a chain of family owned convenience stores in my neighborhood that is so proud of their cigar selection, they actually advertise it on their signs "Hollywood food and cigars" Each store has a small walk-in humidor with a decent selection of smokes, all moldy :-)
I've lived and worked around "Hollywood." I'd love to know what their version of 'Hollywood food" is? :-) My best guess is taco's and burritos off a roach coach and some bad Asian food.
[Reply]
icehog3 10:33 PM 12-28-2009
It is absolutely inexcusable that they would not refund or exchange moldy cigars if they were purchased within a few days of the attempt to return them. State Law my ass. :-)
[Reply]
sodomanaz 01:56 AM 12-29-2009
Sometimes you have to chalk these bad experiences up to as a lesson learned or "dummy tax."

Sounds like you are looking for some sort of footing to fight with the retailer, but it really wouldn't be worth it.
[Reply]
Blueface 07:07 AM 12-29-2009
They should have given a refund.
If they are the only ones in your area, mail order.
Don't patronize them again and write this loss off as a small price to pay.
[Reply]
junkinduck 07:35 AM 12-29-2009
I feel your pain brother. I live in an area baron of smoke shops. The tobacco smoke bans are killing us. I went into a tobacco retailer (Smoker friendly Parkersburg WV) the other day and saw a big stocked case of cigars. There were some good brands but the case was not a humidor. No climate control at all. Upon close inspection I found it to be an unsealed, open to the store glass display case.
On the brighter side I was in Charlston WV before Christmas and found a delightful little shop called The Squire. Well stocked and a helpful staff. It was within walking distance of the mall. The wife shopped I went and enjojed a Gurkah Legend and got to handle and compair the Xikar vs the Palio cutters. (Liked the style of the Xikar but the Palio provides a better cut. I guess function is better than form.)
[Reply]
Up