Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Cuba Libre Cigars
paris1129 09:10 PM 12-27-2009
I am hoping that someone here can help me out with something. A few years back (2003-2004), I used to smoke cigars with a buddy of mine. He gave me a few "Cuba Libre" cigars, which I liked a lot. He mentioned that he bought them online somewhere, but as this was 5 years ago, I don't remember where. I have lost track of this friend of mine, so I cannot ask him about them anymore. I was browsing Cigars International website and came across Cuba Libre cigars, but the label is not the same, and descriptions online of this Cuba Libre imply it is a relatively new cigar. The old Cuba Libres I used to smoke had the cuban flag on the label around the cigar. Does anyone remember these older Cuba Libres? Is this one on CI the same, just an updated label? Or is the old one no longer manufactured?

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/p...Y5B&stext=Cuba Libre
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 09:19 PM 12-27-2009

Like this?

I've never seen these before and only found them after Googling "Cuba Libre Cigars" on Google Images. I'm not sure hwere you can find them, or if they are still in production.
[Reply]
paris1129 09:34 PM 12-27-2009
Yup! I am pretty sure that that is it, even though he gave me singles, not an entire box. That looks right. So it would seem that these are NOT the same Cuba Libre cigars currently available?
[Reply]
T.G 10:04 PM 12-27-2009
Originally Posted by paris1129:
Yup! I am pretty sure that that is it, even though he gave me singles, not an entire box. That looks right. So it would seem that these are NOT the same Cuba Libre cigars currently available?
That is correct.

The old Cuba Libres came from two different manufacturers - one in Honduras and the other in Nicaragua, one was boxed, the other came in bundles only. I believe there were some minor differences in the bands too. The new Cuba Libres are from Nestor Plascencia IIRC, and have no association with the old ones aside from the name (which Cigars International now owns).
[Reply]
borndead1 12:54 AM 12-28-2009
http://www.ecigardepot.com/cuba_libre.htm

:-)
[Reply]
Don Fernando 01:02 AM 12-28-2009
is that a reliable shop Mark?
[Reply]
paris1129 12:17 PM 12-29-2009
Originally Posted by Don Fernando:
is that a reliable shop Mark?
I am wondering the same thing. I searched the forums and did not come up with anything about ecigardepot, so I am wondering if anyone knows anything about this site?
[Reply]
T.G 01:21 PM 12-29-2009
Originally Posted by paris1129:
I am wondering the same thing. I searched the forums and did not come up with anything about ecigardepot, so I am wondering if anyone knows anything about this site?
We're talking about a $22 box of Honduran or Nicaraguan cigars from a vendor in the US, not a $250 box of CC's from an unkown vendor in an overseas location. You should be fully protected by your credit card company if you have any issues with the vendor.

You really don't have anything to lose, except, worse case, maybe a few dollars in shipping.:-)
[Reply]
Up