Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
General Discussion>Getting old, getting cold
neoflex 08:20 AM 10-06-2011
I work from home too and in the Winter I keep my offices zone on 70. The rest of the house during the day will be at 68 and than we will bump it up to 70 at night when we are using those zones until we go to bed and than it gets bumped back down to 68. If I keep all the blinds open in our Master which my office is right off of it and share the same zone it will usually reach 72 by late afternoon. It's the Summertime that kills me as I keep the temp on 75 and mid summer I feel like the A/C is running non-stop all day.
[Reply]
kaisersozei 08:25 AM 10-06-2011
68 year round. We supplement that with floor fans in the upstairs bedrooms (to drop the temp at night during the summer) and a gas fireplace in the living room (to raise the temp during the winter.)

I'm the only one in the house who is always comfortable. Even my teenagers are b1tch1ng in the summertime that it's too cold. Like Jamie, I pay the bills so I decide where the thermostat stays. Plus, I figure I paid my energy conservation dues when when I was growing up: we were poor and lived in a ranch style house. The only A/C was a window unit in my parent's bedroom that only got turned on at night. My mom hung a big woolen Army blanket in the middle of the hall to block off the rest of the house, and we all slept with our doors open. It was still probably about 80, but it felt relatively cool. In the winter, our only heat was pretty much just a woodstove, I think she kept the thermostat at 55 or something crazy.
[Reply]
68TriShield 08:47 AM 10-06-2011
Don't feel like the Lone Ranger Mark :-)
[Reply]
SteelCityBoy 09:51 AM 10-06-2011
The wife likes it hot so I have to deal with it at like 75 during the summer. I would prefer it around 68. Then comes winter and that's a whole different ballgame. Propane costs shot through the roof and we were getting like $500 bills (averaged like $80 all other winters past) so now we put it down to like 60 and run the electric heaters all over the house. I need to pay for smokes man!!!! Not propane!!! :-)
[Reply]
forgop 10:15 AM 10-06-2011
Is your thyroid up to speed? People with hypothyroidism are much more intolerant to colder temperatures.
[Reply]
IBQTEE1 11:48 AM 10-06-2011
Originally Posted by jjirons69:
Good God, I'd freeze at those temps. I told myself when I got out of college, as long as I had a job, I was going to live comfortably!! And I have been for 20 years. It stays 73-74 in the summer and 71-72 in the winter. If I get cold, I'll bump it up, or vice versa. Our thermostat at work is whacked and I'm either freezing or too damned hot. Home is my castle and my refuge - it's going to be what I think is comfortable. 72-73 is a fine temperature year round.
It has nothing to do with money for me. I like it colder. I sleep with a fan on all year round.
[Reply]
BigCat 11:57 AM 10-06-2011
68 in the summer and 65 in the winter. It usually takes a day or two to get used to the 65, but then it feels fine. I used to turn it down more during the day, but we got a dog last year, so I can't do it anymore.
[Reply]
Skywalker 12:02 PM 10-06-2011
69:-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up