Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>La Aurora Painting
muhren 05:58 PM 10-06-2009
Thoughts?

I'm not in love with the mouth yet. Still a work in progress I guess.

What do you guys think of the concept?

M

[Reply]
muhren 06:19 PM 10-06-2009

Draft 2...Slightly diff. mouth & more white smoke

M
[Reply]
Starscream 06:26 PM 10-06-2009
Nice!:-)
[Reply]
RGD. 08:36 PM 10-06-2009
I couldn't draw a stick man with a straight edge - so I'm always impressed by the talent for it. That said and since you asked - I think the concept is great, but let's say if I was to commission that drawing I would like to see the smoke a lot more translucent, willowy, more of a whisper let's say. And maybe seeing the head from an angle/side ways.

Just me though.

Ron
[Reply]
WyGuy 08:42 PM 10-06-2009
Looks good!
[Reply]
Giant & 49er Fan 08:49 PM 10-06-2009
Awesome.
[Reply]
muhren 07:27 AM 10-07-2009
Originally Posted by RGD.:
I couldn't draw a stick man with a straight edge - so I'm always impressed by the talent for it. That said and since you asked - I think the concept is great, but let's say if I was to commission that drawing I would like to see the smoke a lot more translucent, willowy, more of a whisper let's say. And maybe seeing the head from an angle/side ways.

Just me though.

Ron
R,

Couldn't agree more! This Lion is now being replaced. Well, he's been painted over and it's waiting to dry before another lion can be applied.

Look for the after in the near future. I love this concept...I just have to work it a bit to get it to work well.

M
[Reply]
JJG 11:04 AM 10-07-2009
Originally Posted by RGD.:
I think the concept is great, but let's say if I was to commission that drawing I would like to see the smoke a lot more translucent, willowy, more of a whisper let's say.
yeah I was going to say the same thing, the smoke could be a lot more subtle. great start though, can't wait to see the revised version!
[Reply]
muhren 11:33 AM 10-07-2009
What do ya guys think of this one? A little more 'smokey'

M

[Reply]
Slavac 11:57 AM 10-07-2009
Originally Posted by muhren:
What do ya guys think of this one? A little more 'smokey'

M

More of a fan of this one.

I'm no artist, but I like the idea of having the smoke make a leafy tree (think mushroom cloud shape).

Subtle play between the tree and the lion laying underneath it.
[Reply]
jwintosh 11:59 AM 10-07-2009
very nice!!
[Reply]
muhren 08:25 PM 10-07-2009
Sorry, I deleted the originals from my gallery on here...now, they're gone from the post. Well, at least the final piece is still there!
[Reply]
Azpostal 02:29 PM 10-08-2009
Nice painting.
[Reply]
Up