Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Discussion>Riccardo Santia custom cobs
OnePyroTec 04:44 PM 06-30-2013
Not sure if anyone has heard of Riccardo Santia or his custom cob pipes or not, but he just finished one for me. I LOVE the real bone ring at the end of the shank :-)

YES, they cost more than a regular cob and even many lower end "regular" pipes. But then again, anyone can have regular production line stuff. If ya have to ask why, ya just wouldn't understand the answer. :-)

I'm not posting his site or where to buy his work...most people would NEVER pay the price for a custom cob, and if you would, you already know where to find the pipes.
[Reply]
bretted432 09:12 PM 07-03-2013
Looks so organic! Honestly, it makes me think it's so organic I might end up SMOKING the pipe, if you know what I mean! Looks like it'll burn right up!
[Reply]
OnePyroTec 12:12 PM 07-08-2013
Cobs are great smokers, they can last many, many years if you don't leave them sitting outside in the weather as I have been known to do.
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 12:15 PM 07-08-2013
Definitly a cool pipe!
[Reply]
OnePyroTec 10:43 PM 10-16-2013
I talked Riccardo into making me another pipe. He added his typical briar base plug and made it a 6 panel alternating from smooth to his texture. Then added a briar shank with real bone extension. This sucker is big, and weighs in at a whopping 3 oz.

[Reply]
deadrise 10:47 PM 10-16-2013
very nice pipes all i smoke is cobs mostly........I should think about something like this myself
[Reply]
OnePyroTec 11:46 PM 10-16-2013
Thank you :-)

I do love my cobs. Besides theses, I have about 6 or 7 more.

[Reply]
MarkinAZ 01:02 AM 10-17-2013
That's a great looking custom cob Wayne. Looks like you'll get to enjoy your favorite tobaccos from that bowl:-)

BTW, I just finished reviewing Riccardo' web page, and he has some beautiful looking custom cobs listed there. Love a couple of the Pokers he has listed with bamboo shanks.
[Reply]
OnePyroTec 02:21 PM 10-17-2013
He loves to use Bamboo shanks, that is for sure. Basic no frills pipes can be anywhere from $25 to $70 which isn't a lot considering it does take time & materials to make them.

Start adding things like the bone ring extension I have him use, & that is where the prices start to climb. The 6 panel was my ideas that he brought to life for me. Most people will turn their nose at the price because the bowl is a corn cob. When I look at the hours he put into it vs. "my" wages, he sold himself short so it is a hell of a bargain.

And yes, it is a GREAT smoker. :-)
[Reply]
OnePyroTec 02:29 PM 10-17-2013
Originally Posted by deadrise:
very nice pipes all i smoke is cobs mostly........I should think about something like this myself
Thank you :-)

He has a lot of "basic" pipes that look great that are in the $60 - $80 range. If you do get one, I highly suggest getting one with his trademark finish coating on it. They will all have the briar bottom plug. :-)
[Reply]
OnePyroTec 06:52 AM 09-25-2014
Picked up an old metal pipe.

Had a Riccardo make a bowl for it.
[Reply]
ApexAZ 10:22 AM 09-25-2014
Is that a cob bowl? The pattern on the inside looks as though it is. It looks nice. I didn't realize they could be smoothed down so much.
[Reply]
OnePyroTec 10:51 AM 09-25-2014
Yes, the second of the two metal pipes has a cob bowl. Riccardo is a master at customizing cobs. http://www.rsantiapipes.com/pipes-by...do-santia.html

When he pulled off that panel cob with briar shank, I was floored. Many a time I have been told that isn't a cob. Fact is, it is a cob, and smokes great.
[Reply]
WaRevo 02:40 PM 09-25-2014
Speaking of Cob :-) Just found one of mine that I have been missing. Now I can't even smoke it. So how it is now split. Used to love the pipe I guess I am now down to my 4 minis and the new one I bought this month.

I will have to start buying some more cobs. No one around there sells any other then the mini and the one I just bought.

James

Oh and them Some nice looking cobs. WTG.
[Reply]
OnePyroTec 03:26 PM 09-25-2014
Little off topic, but try this James: http://corncobpipe.com/10-pipe-grab-...e-seconds.html
[Reply]
Up