Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Entertainment>using phone bluetooth to get internet on tablet
hotreds 04:11 PM 12-04-2012
Just got a new tablet that has bluetooth, as does my phone. Is there a way to pair these up to get internet when I don't have wifi access?
[Reply]
Robulous78 04:15 PM 12-04-2012
I am sure there must be... However I am not techno-savy enough to help you out... Sorry...

My primary reason for replying to this is because I know it is easy to go over on a data package that way... I found out the hard way by pairing my laptop to my cell phone once...

Just didn't want you to experience my same mistake...
[Reply]
mhailey 04:36 PM 12-04-2012
what type of phone do you have? I have an android phone and i use "foxfi" to turn my phone into a wifi hotspot. I have used it for my playstation 3, my laptop, and my wife's laptop. There is no requirement to root your phone to use foxfi either.

EDIT: I second the data package issue. I have unlimited data, but I track my usage each month. When I tethered my phone to my playstation (for netflix), and my wife was using her computer, the data usage went WAY up.
[Reply]
CigarSquid 05:41 PM 12-04-2012
I used foxfi, but it was way slow.. Worked though.
[Reply]
pnoon 05:58 PM 12-04-2012
My iPad is WiFi only but I could use my iPhone as a hotspot if I wanted to. But that would chew up my data plan quickly.

Rarely do I need Internet access when wireless is not available. And if I do, I just use my phone.
[Reply]
hotreds 06:09 PM 12-04-2012
I would only use this a few times a year when I visit my outlaws who have no internet. I have used my phone- a Consumer Cellular model- but it really is small! I would love to be able to somehow use that connection to mainly read my emails on a bigger screen. I dunno if going on the internet on the phone and being connected via bluetooth would allow me to use the tablet as well.
[Reply]
equetefue 06:23 PM 12-04-2012
I recommend looking into the NetZero wireless hotspot plans. Very reasonable and you dont have to deal with the expensive cell data plans
[Reply]
Up