Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>Halloween responsibility.....
ucla695 10:12 PM 10-31-2009
My wife and I almost saw something horrific tonight. We were driving back home tonight on Olympic Blvd in West LA (a 6 lane road - 3 in each direction) after eating dinner at Houston's in the Century City Mall. As a little background, it's a heavily traveled road with poor lighting in spots that Westsiders like to treat as a freeway. Anyway, we both spotted some people crossing up in the distance (we could barely make them out) and slowed down (we were in the middle lane) and I turned on my emergency falshers. The person behind me got impatient and, not only passed me in the right lane, but also accelerated. He must have been frustrated that I held him up - like a typical Westsider. What ensued was horrifying. We saw a parent (turned out to be a father) pushing a stroller with his daughter skipping along 15-20 feet in front of him. We both expected to see something that haunts every parent - a child getting hit by a car. She barely made it!! The car that passed me came within 6 inches of hitting her as she ran to the curb. Either she saw the car or her father did and told her to run. Anyway, we felt so helpless as it unfolded. The driver never slowed.

WTF are people thinking?!! Although the father crossed illegally, people have to be careful when driving on Halloween!!

Anyway,we stopped to make sure they were ok. The daughter was a bit shaken, but the father was balling. He thought he'd lost his daughter. He was better after several minutes and realized he shouldn't have crossed the street there. They went on to get more candy. :-) I thank God that someone was looking over them.

Please be careful out there!!
[Reply]
Scottw 10:17 PM 10-31-2009
Something very similar happened while I was driving home a few years ago. I called the local police. The next day I got a call thanking me. It was the arresting officer, I guess he got my number from the call in and told me that the guy was so wasted behind the wheel he didn't even know what town he was in
[Reply]
elderboy02 10:44 PM 10-31-2009
Please be careful everyone.
[Reply]
Up