Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>Toque Snuff Review- Choclate and Blueberry
Emjaysmash 11:24 AM 04-01-2009
I received some free samples of Toque snuff yesterday, and decided to try it out.
First, the chocolate. Yes, it is vaguely reminiscent of chocolate, however it smells plastic-y. Yes, it reminds me of a chocolate marshmallow made of glue. Not much of a kick, imho.

On to the Blueberry. Once again, minute blueberry flavors with plastic mixed in. No kick at all. I must say, however, that the blueberry is moister than the choclate, which is more enjoyable imho.

Both samples were sent in small plastic bags; this may account for the overwhelming plastic "Flavor", as I would assume the snuff has been sitting in them a long time. Either way, im not a fan of sweet-flavored snuffs.

So there you have it. my :-) .
[Reply]
WildBlueSooner 11:27 AM 04-01-2009
Interesting...glad you tried it because I dont think I could. Thanks for the review.
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 11:28 AM 04-01-2009
I never had any interest in that stuff. Thanks for your thoughts.
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 11:19 PM 04-01-2009
Originally Posted by WildBlueSooner:
Interesting...glad you tried it because I dont think I could. Thanks for the review.
Thanks. I didn't know how I would like it either. I was hoping by some small stretch that I would enjoy it...but I knew it was never meant to be.
[Reply]
Toquesnuff 08:49 AM 10-30-2009
I have to say I agree with everything you've said and I own the company!

Please don't judge us or any other snuff company by the horrid little plastic samples we used to send out. These are fine for the UK, but as soon as you send them abroad the plastic starts to take over. This was a painful lesson and we have learnt from it. Snuff and plastic don't mix! We now offer a sample deal and and the snuff is protected in small tins.

Roderick
[Reply]
replicant_argent 08:53 AM 10-30-2009
I like the DeKralingse style Dutch snuffs, is the Toque a finer or coarser grind?
[Reply]
Toquesnuff 09:09 AM 10-30-2009
Toque is a fine/medium English grind, however the toasts are fine.
I hope it's ok to answer in this way. I don't want to be seen to be advertising.
[Reply]
RightAJ 09:11 AM 10-30-2009
Sounds interesting but scary... stuff going up my nose seems weird

aj
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 09:13 AM 10-30-2009
Originally Posted by Toquesnuff:
Toque is a fine/medium English grind, however the toasts are fine.
I hope it's ok to answer in this way. I don't want to be seen to be advertising.
Actually I'm quite surprised you found this thread and replied! Thank you for the input!

I have question for you, as well (since you're here.) What would you recommend for a person who likes stronger and-dare I say it- "manly" flavored snuff? (like Scotch flavored, etc.)
[Reply]
Toquesnuff 09:25 AM 10-30-2009
For the brave we have toasts like Whisky and Honey, Bourbon, Toast and Marmalade and Spanish Gem.

Next week 3 new flavours are being launched Berwick Brown a rough ground snuff, Natural Toast and Lime Toast.

For high nicotine we have Quit and SP Extra and for the plain crazy we have Cheese and Bacon Toasty.
[Reply]
replicant_argent 09:31 AM 10-30-2009
cheese and bacon.............
Everything goes with bacon.....
I may have to dive into that, just for kicks. Maybe a couple of the others also.
[Reply]
RightAJ 09:32 AM 10-30-2009
Originally Posted by Toquesnuff:
For the brave we have toasts like Whisky and Honey, Bourbon, Toast and Marmalade and Spanish Gem.

Next week 3 new flavours are being launched Berwick Brown a rough ground snuff, Natural Toast and Lime Toast.

For high nicotine we have Quit and SP Extra and for the plain crazy we have Cheese and Bacon Toasty.
Forgive me but I have no expreience here... but what the heck is toast?? Sounds liuke you could make breakfast with this stuff:-)

aj
[Reply]
Toquesnuff 09:49 AM 10-30-2009
Toast is as it sounds, snuff toasted to give it a dryer more smokey flavour.
[Reply]
Starscream 05:09 PM 10-30-2009
I enjoy Bespoke Chocolate Creme, but the Toque Blueberry doesn't taste like blueberries at all to me.
[Reply]
Toquesnuff 06:06 AM 10-31-2009
Sorry that one hasn't worked for you Andy.

Before you buy any more there is an independent site called http://www.snuffreviews.com it might be worth paying them a visit to find the ones you think you might like to try. Not just Toque, 100's of snuff reviews for all the snuff makers. Though Toque does get the highest ratings, LOL!
[Reply]
68TriShield 07:31 AM 10-31-2009
For the doubters,just the tiniest pinch of a good quality snuff can me a nicotine buzz that lasts for hours.
It comes in handy for the times you cant smoke.
[Reply]
Up