Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Blizzard coming for okies. stogie question inside
dubs chops 08:34 AM 01-28-2010
Well I am setting at work waiting on it to hit so I can go home, hehe. I do have a question though, We are staying out at my parents farm through this one because power loss is no doubt going to happen and they have a generator. I have some stogies being delivered tomorrow and I won't be home. Will UPS leave them on my porch? Will this hurt them? I won't be back home till probably sunday. what can I do?
[Reply]
CigarNut 08:37 AM 01-28-2010
If the cigars are sealed correctly they may be OK if they are left outside, but why take a chance?

I would put a note on your door -- or wherever UPS is likely to leave them -- and ask them not deliver without a signature. You could also arrange to pick them up at the UPS warehouse.
[Reply]
md4958 08:40 AM 01-28-2010
They should be fine as long as they are sealed in plastic. The cold wont bother them as much as heat would.

There are many members that freeze their cigars to prevent beetle outbreaks. Habanos SA also reportedly flash freezes all recent production cigars to prevent the same infestations.
[Reply]
darkninja67 09:05 AM 01-28-2010
I would not worry as long as they are properly packed. I would worry if it was for a couple of days or longer though.
[Reply]
Scottw 09:44 AM 01-28-2010
I agree with Bill.
[Reply]
Blindjimme 10:15 AM 01-28-2010
I would worry more about them being blown off the porch and lost in the snow till Spring.
Leave a note for UPS to redeliver.
[Reply]
darkninja67 10:22 AM 01-28-2010
Originally Posted by Blindjimme:
I would worry more about them being blown off the porch and lost in the snow till Spring.
Leave a note for UPS to redeliver.
They should be beetle free at least. Always a silver lining. :-)
[Reply]
dubs chops 10:29 AM 01-28-2010
I think I will leave a note on the door for UPS to wait till monday to deliver.
[Reply]
okieRob 05:52 PM 01-28-2010
They will likely be fine - UPS may not even make it to your house.

I tried to overnight some stuff at work today - the driver basically told me there isn't a chance of it going out today.
[Reply]
maninblack 07:00 PM 01-28-2010
I feel sorry for you guys down south. We got hit with snow a few weeks ago, 14 inches, so I'm glad the ice is staying away from us. Hope the stogies make it thru ok.
[Reply]
Up