Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Anyone seen these before?
Lexxxus 09:29 PM 01-20-2010
Firstly, I want to apologize for not being around in the last several months. I had a wicked bike crash in August and ****ed my shoulder up bigtime... Broken collarbone, damaged rotator cuff, shoulder blade, AC and the wrist too. Missed a couple months of work and just started Physiotherapy... Being my right side using a mouse and keyboard was a pain and I only have felt better lately. Hope to be fully healed by the summer so I can get back to my 30 handicap golf game!

I got a ton of stuff over the summer and fall (I had no problem calling the boys at Atlantic up every other week and got to try lots of different stuff)

Out of the blue this past weekend my girlfriend (who works at a wholesaler) brought me a surprise: She was given these 2 boxes from their tobacco rep who knows that I smoke and owed her a favor....

I have seen a very similar CAO "Champions" sample box before but only with 10 cigars. this one has 1 and a different selection altogether. Can't wait to try the Soprano and the little flavored ones (top right)

The Tueros Tubos I've had before... they are a pretty unimpressive smoke (Canadian no less, but cuban seed leaf) This is the 3rd or 4th box of these I've had over the last several years and they are OK to hand out to some newbie or golfing buddy who doesn't know which end to light.

The velvet-lined boxes are quite nice and they serve another purpose for me (I collect 1" marbles and they make great display boxes)

Wayne

[Reply]
Silound 09:35 PM 01-20-2010
Never seen them before, but nice snag!

What is the name on the CAO box, if you don't mind my asking? That's something new, and I think it would sell well for me.
[Reply]
Mark 09:52 PM 01-20-2010
CAO sells a similar product that includes all of their "Above 90" rated cigars in the same red leather (pleather) case. Never seen one with CAO Flavors in it though.
[Reply]
SkinsFanLarry 10:03 AM 01-21-2010
Originally Posted by Silound:

What is the name on the CAO box, if you don't mind my asking? That's something new, and I think it would sell well for me.
If you are referring to the Scandinavian Tobacco Group, that is the owner of C.A.O Cigars.
[Reply]
marge796 10:51 AM 01-21-2010
Originally Posted by Mark:
CAO sells a similar product that includes all of their "Above 90" rated cigars in the same red leather (pleather) case. Never seen one with CAO Flavors in it though.

:-)
[Reply]
Footbag 11:32 AM 01-21-2010
I don't think it's the best idea to pack those flavors in there. I'd suggest the OP pull them out and keep them separate from your non-flavored cigars. Short of that it looks like a great presentation.
[Reply]
Lexxxus 06:02 PM 01-21-2010
Originally Posted by Silound:

It says CHAMPIONS on the box... And yes, it's different than the regular 10 stick sampler usually seen out there:

My box came from the Canadian CAO distributor.
[Reply]
NeverEnoughStick 08:12 AM 01-22-2010
Ya and as of Friday last week. The company that owns CAO now owns a 51% share in General. My boss informed me of that yesterday. Thought it was applicable here.

-NES
[Reply]
Garbandz 10:03 AM 01-22-2010
Interesting to see the Tueros again. I used to get them years ago from a friend in Canada.Now they are making a Limitada.......
[Reply]
rhmalone 06:12 PM 01-23-2010
Originally Posted by Lexxxus:
It says CHAMPIONS on the box... And yes, it's different than the regular 10 stick sampler usually seen out there:

My box came from the Canadian CAO distributor.
It looks to me like you've packed yourself one spectacular lunch!
[Reply]
The Postman 02:19 PM 01-30-2010
Those Tueros used to be one of my favorite cigars when I was in High School, back in the day they were a great inexpensive cigar even if they came in a fancy tube.

Enjoy them my brother!!
[Reply]
Up