Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>Suggested Smokes
coach33 11:36 AM 12-26-2010
I am becoming a traditionalist with smoking the same mainstream brands. Could some give me a list of medium/full strength but great distinctive plate taste. Cost $5-10.00 range?
[Reply]
Ogre 11:44 AM 12-26-2010
Arturo Fuente 858
LFD
DPG Blue
RyJ Reserva Maduro
My Father #1
Oliva V

Just a start
[Reply]
coach33 11:48 AM 12-26-2010
Originally Posted by Ogre3239:
Arturo Fuente 858
LFD
DPG Blue
RyJ Reserva Maduro
My Father #1
Oliva V

Just a start
Thanks, I haven't tried the MF#1 or DPG Blue.
[Reply]
pektel 11:55 AM 12-26-2010
CAO Brazilia is pretty unique and full flavored...
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Bunker 12:46 PM 12-26-2010
La Riqueza
601 Blue
Both the Maduro and Natural Don Pepin Garcia JJ Series
The JdN Antano is also a great smoke and probably the best value
[Reply]
Bill86 02:07 PM 12-26-2010
Most of these I would say are medium

Arturo Fuente Short Story
Diesel Unholy Cocktail
RyJ Reserva Real
Montecristo Platinum
Viaje Oro
Viaje Platino
[Reply]
RevSmoke 12:49 PM 12-27-2010
Originally Posted by coach33:
I am becoming a traditionalist with smoking the same mainstream brands. Could some give me a list of medium/full strength but great distinctive plate taste. Cost $5-10.00 range?
Have you gone retro? Have you been smoking the mainstream brands? Or, the most talked about brands here?

How about the regular line of La Gloria Cubana or if you want stronger, El Rico Habana. For medium bodied and great smokes, how about the Punch Rothschild or the Hoyo de Monterrey Excalibur line. El Rey del Mundo has some great cigars in their line - in particular, if you like maduros, some of the best on the planet are the Robusto, Robusto Largo, and Robusto Supremo, their tissue wrapped line.

Those were some of the old guard medium/full bodied cigars.

Peace of the Lrod be with you.
[Reply]
STEVE S 01:01 PM 12-27-2010
Maybe try the Cuboa #7 or #5
[Reply]
coach33 02:06 PM 12-27-2010
Originally Posted by RevSmoke:
Have you gone retro? Have you been smoking the mainstream brands? Or, the most talked about brands here?

How about the regular line of La Gloria Cubana or if you want stronger, El Rico Habana. For medium bodied and great smokes, how about the Punch Rothschild or the Hoyo de Monterrey Excalibur line. El Rey del Mundo has some great cigars in their line - in particular, if you like maduros, some of the best on the planet are the Robusto, Robusto Largo, and Robusto Supremo, their tissue wrapped line.

Those were some of the old guard medium/full bodied cigars.

Peace of the Lrod be with you.
Good point, I probably been smoking sticks that are mostly talked about. This is why I put it out there so that I could get some non-traditional smokes.
[Reply]
longknocker 02:11 PM 12-27-2010
Kristoff In Both Maduro & Natural Are Good!:-):-)
[Reply]
bobarian 03:05 PM 12-27-2010
Try as many different cigars as you can. Different wrappers, blends and manufacturers. Something that will help is a diary. Just a note or two on what you like or dislike about a particular cigar. Then you can look for other cigars that have similar characteristics to what you enjoy. Nicaraguan tobacco is strong and peppery, Honduran, full bodied with some deep flavors. Dominican a bit lighter and more classic. You'll get a million different suggestions of what to try, just enjoy the ride. :-)
[Reply]
yourchoice 03:07 PM 12-27-2010
What are four or five of the brands you've been smoking and enjoying?
[Reply]
forgop 03:15 PM 12-27-2010
You might find some Liga Privada's at the higher end of the price range worthy of trying.
[Reply]
Up