Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
General Discussion>Have I mentioned how much I hate thieves?
Steve 08:41 AM 10-27-2014
Got a call from the sheriff's office Saturday afternoon while running errands with my wife. They located my truck at a vacant house up on the northwest side of town; a skip house for the local middle school and general hangout for disreputable characters. I did wish I had had a little more notice to get up there so I could have swung by the house and picked up some extra "insurance". As it was I felt a little under equipped since I wasn't intending to be visiting a war zone that morning after grocery shopping. The house did have some sweet ventilation openings courtesy of 7.62 though...

So far, all four wheels and tires plus the spare is gone, running boards, bed cover, GPS, prescription Costa sunglasses, otter box with sweet CA stickers, cigar stand, floor mats, binoculars, bible (what?), a couple of thermacell bug propellants, some broken arrow shafts, and other miscellaneous goodies gone. They tried to get a spare key to my dad's trailer to unlock the bolt on my receiver to remove my three-way hitch ball, but it didn't quite fit. Battery was still there and the engine looks ok. Doesn't look like the took the computer. It was pretty painful seeing the truck drug her rotors though. Tow driver was as gentle as he could be, but the insurance will be replacing them, as well as the dust covers on the brakes, several skid plates and the front and rear diff. I also want the gas and the oil checked before starting her up.

But, it could have been much worse. At least they didn't burn it.
[Reply]
Dave128 08:48 AM 10-27-2014
Glad you got the truck back, Steve. I hope you have some proof for the bigger stuff that was taken. Would be nice to be able to get insurance to cover that as well.
[Reply]
Steve 08:59 AM 10-27-2014
Insurance will cover the stuff that was attached to the truck Stuff like the GPS and the Costas would have to be covered by my homeowners. That would be ANOTHER $500 deductible, plus possible increase in my premiums. Gotta love it!
[Reply]
WhiteMamba 09:03 AM 10-27-2014
Glad your truck was found bud sorry about all the minor stuff.
[Reply]
CigarNut 09:22 AM 10-27-2014
Glad that you have your truck back, but I am sorry for all the sh!t you have to go through to get it repaired.
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 09:30 AM 10-27-2014
I'm sorry but they STOLE A BIBLE .. that just can't be good! :-) :-) :-)

Glad they got it back without any major damage and just things the insurance company can replace for you. :-)
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 09:38 AM 10-27-2014
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua:
I'm sorry but they STOLE A BIBLE .. that just can't be good! :-) :-) :-)
God's gonna perform a little subrosa on those low lifers Adam:-)
[Reply]
equetefue 12:32 PM 10-27-2014
this sucks so bad. I'm so afraid of where I park my car at all times. It sucks that u have to live this way. This thread makes me want to get a cheap daily driver
[Reply]
Steve 02:00 PM 10-27-2014
And so it begins...just got off the phone with the insurance company. Hopefully I don't get robbed again for the same truck! They are already balking at the tires it appears...
[Reply]
kydsid 02:03 PM 10-27-2014
I'm glad you got it back. Honestly surprised you did. I would have expected it to have been in a container headed for South America within a couple hours of being stolen.
[Reply]
Steve 02:09 PM 10-27-2014
Me too Jason...me too. I'm was sure it was on it's way to join my outboard that walked off a couple of years ago.
[Reply]
jjirons69 09:25 PM 10-27-2014
Hopefully they use the Bible constructively.

Try to have patience with the insurance company, don't let them get to you. Just keep up your persistence and let them know they can baulk all they want, but you purchased their insurance for this exact reason, to be taken care of. If you have a lawyer friend, that may help, too.

Best of luck!!
[Reply]
Steve 12:53 PM 10-30-2014
I spoke with the truck shop guy earlier. They have new tires here locally, and they have found a new set of wheels up in Illinois. They should be down here sometime next week. Then we can get the truck up off the rotors and see what other damage has been done. I suggested to the truck guy that if he kept his eyes on Craigslist he might find a set of wheels and tires here locally...:-)
[Reply]
icehog3 02:20 PM 10-30-2014
Wow, missed this on vacation. Sorry to hear it, Steve, glad things are moving forward though.
[Reply]
Remo 02:21 PM 10-30-2014
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Wow, missed this on vacation. Sorry to hear it, Steve, glad things are moving forward though.
Just not on 4 wheels!
[Reply]
SNKBYT 02:36 PM 10-30-2014
hope it all works out Steve, so I guess your walking to EPIC this year :-)
[Reply]
Steve 05:42 AM 10-31-2014
Originally Posted by Remo:
Just not on 4 wheels!
:-):-)
[Reply]
Steve 05:44 AM 10-31-2014
Originally Posted by snkbyt:
hope it all works out Steve, so I guess your walking to EPIC this year :-)
Maybe I'll borrow my neighbors ride...

:-)
[Reply]
rizzle 09:28 AM 11-03-2014
Some things just ain't right.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up